When your son/daughter is in Year 8/9 they may have started to think about what they want to do at the end of Year 11.
- They will choose their GCSE options (other courses may be available depending on the school/Academy) during this time.
- Information will be made available by the school and there will be chance for you to attend an event to help support your son/daughter to make their choices.
- Schools should have a Careers Education and Guidance Programme in place for year 8-13 to help learners find out about careers and where their option choices may lead them.
- Attending School Parents evenings or Options Events will help you to help your son/daughter understand their options post 16.
- Connectu2 has practical careers activities icould and future morph these may help your son/daughter identify future careers.
- Your son/daughter’s school have the responsibility to provide access to independent and impartial careers guidance, from years 8 -13, should you wish your son/daughter to access professional careers interview/support contact their school.