North Lindsey College
Kingsway, Scunthorpe, DN17 1AJ
North Lindsey College is an award-winning provider of further and higher education situated one mile from the centre of Scunthorpe.
We are the largest provider of post-16 education and training in North Lincolnshire, offering a huge range of full-time, part-time and work based learning courses at a range of levels. Our learners benefit from excellent facilities plus friendly and vocationally experienced staff.
North Lindsey College is offering through its STEM Academy some exciting AS and full A level courses which are designed to enable students to progress to either university or employment, including Advanced Apprenticeships. AS/A level courses will be offered in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Biology, Design & Technology, ICT, Psychology,Sociology, Physical Education, Business Studies and History.
Or, you could combine your AS/A2 subjects with vocational courses in Animal Management, Art & Design Beauty Therapy, Business, Childcare & Education, Construction, Decorative Occupations, Engineering, Health Studies, IT Practitioners, Music, Social Care and Sport & Recreation. Alternatively, while following a vocational programme, enhance your GCSE qualifications in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, English, Psychology, Human Health & Physiology.
Whatever your needs, we have a course for you.
What makes us different:
Message from the Principal
Firstly I would like to offer you a very warm welcome from North Lindsey College. Year on year many thousands of learners come to this College to pursue a course of study that will help them to fulfil career aspirations, to improve their career prospects or to simply learn more about their particular subject or area. The College offers prospective learners a wide range of programmes covering both vocational and academic routes. In addition, an expanding portfolio of higher education programmes is also available. Often learners embark upon multiple programmes over their course of study in pursuit of qualifications and skills.
I am particularly pleased to see that you are considering North Lindsey College as a preferred option for your course of study. With over 50 years of experience and with a reputation for delivering high quality programmes you will partner yourself with a winner. The staff at North Lindsey College are highly qualified and experienced and are totally committed to ensuring you reach your full potential and that you succeed on your chosen programme. Our programmes are delivered in a challenging but exciting way, ensuring that your learning experience is at the top.
The College is officially recognised by Ofsted as an outstanding College.
The College has continued to invest in its campus and all curriculum areas are equipped to very high standards.
Over the years the College has been very successful in gaining numerous quality kite marks; Investors in People, Customer Service Excellence, Matrix and Customer First are to name but four. Our campus on the Kingsway in Scunthorpe provides an excellent learning environment, one that is welcoming and friendly and one that offers many outstanding learning resources, some of which are 'cutting edge'.
I look forward to meeting you in September.
Anne Tyrrell, College Principal
Reasons to Choose North Lindsey College
- Our campus on Kingsway has seen huge investment in the last few years, giving you access to some of the best facilities in the area.
- We offer a wide range of work-related courses and qualifications for you to choose from.
- We offer AS/A Level and GCSE courses that can be studied together or as additional qualifications with a vocational course.
- All our teaching staff have first hand experience of working within industry and are here to pass their skills and knowledge directly on to you.
- A full-time course might only mean three days a week in College!
- Our vocational qualifications equip you for work or University.
- As well as your main course of study you can benefit from an ever-increasing range of enrichment studies from golf to visits to Crufts.
- Many of our courses are assessed via course work - meaning no scary exams!
- As a learner at the College you'll be entitled to take advantage of discounted gym membership and hair and beauty treatments at our on-site fitness centre and salons.
- We're recognised as offering award winning customer service and information, advice and guidance to current and prospective learners.
- We offer an ever-increasing number of degree level courses for you to progress onto accredited by the University of Hull and the University of Lincoln.
So what are you waiting for?
Support For Learners - North Lindsey College actively encourages all prospective learners to disclose any disability or additional need so that we can access the support needed and the suitability of the programme of study. All information that is disclosed will be treated sensitively. College Academic Success Centres are staffed by tutors who can help and advise you on how to study more effectively. Whatever your study needs our main concern is your achievement. The additional Learning Support team assists learners with both physical and learning needs.
Information, Advice and Guidance
Each school in North Lincolnshire is allocated a member of the College Guidance Team. A Guidance Officer will attend School Parents Evenings, Careers Events and be available in school to give advice, information and guidance on College programmes as part of Year 11 Careers Education programme. Team members also visit outreach centres and community events to assist prospective adult learners.
Financial Information - Learners who are under 10 on 31st August 2010, not in employment nor on any training programme, not on benefit and who attend College on a designated "full-time" programme are not required to pay for course fees.
Learners how are over 19 on the 31st August 2010, who are not entitled to LSC funded tuition fee remission, i.e. first full Level 2 Qualification, aged 19-25 and first Level 3 qualification, in receipt of income based benefits etc, may also be eligible for 100% tuition fee waiver (full-time - 450 GLH in any 12 months). Examination registration fees will still be payable.
Learners under 19 can apply for Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA). Year 11 school leavers can obtain application packs in their schools from April. Learners who have left school should enquire with Customer Services about applying.
Contact Customer Services on 01724 294030, for further details.
Additional Information on:
- Policies and Procedures
- Equality and Diversity
- Disability Statement
And any further information is available by contacting Customer Services on 01724 294030.
When you enrol on a course at North Lindsey College you'll get instant access to a whole host of fantastic facilities including:
- Spacious dining facilities and Cafe Bar serving a range of hot and cold meals, snacks and drinks.
- Large shop selling wide selection of magazines, cards, stationery and confectionery.
- State of the art Learning Resource Centre with group study areas, silent study areas, internet access, laptop bars, book able rooms and vast array of books, journals and periodicals.
- Discounted treatments in Images Hair and Beauty Salons.
- Discounted Gym membership at the kingsway Fitness Centre.
- Counsellors to provide help in confidential setting with any personal or domestic problems.
- Choices clinic.
- Realistic working environments.
- Careers Guidance Team.
- Comprehensive support programme from Student Advisers including one-to-one sessions and group work.
Excellent Training Facilities
North Lindsey College boasts some of the best facilities in the area including:
Purpose built small animal care centres and aviary housing various species of small birds and animals.
Range of specialist Art and Design workshops and facilities.
Commercially operated fitness suite, activity studio, fitness testing room as well as a Multi-Use-Games-Area (MUGA) and College playing fields.
Travel office providing holiday information and travel bookings.
Aircraft cabin section.
Operational kitchens, bars and cellar facilities.
Commercially run hair salons, beauty salons and hydrotherapy suite.
Wide range of childcare related practical resources including arts and craft room and extensive links with employers leading to high quality placement opportunities.
Plumbing workshops, carpentry and joinery workshops, brick workshops and painting and decorating workshops.
Computer rooms all with high specification computers.
Dance studio, recording rooms, and stage.
Light and heavy vehicle repair workshops, auto-diagnostic testing centre, body repair and paint mix and spray rooms.
Recently refurbished Practical Care Training Facility and Laboratory, extensively resourced to sector industry standard.
Soap manufacturing plant and specialist electrical workshops.
Many are commercial facilities, serving paying members of the public, and are used as training facilities for our learners. This ensures that learners on many of our courses gain real life work experience onsite at North Lindsey while they are completing their courses - experience which can be invaluable when applying for jobs afterwards.