What is voluntary work?
Voluntary work is where you can give your time to help other people in the community without being paid.
- Develop as a person and gain interpersonal skills.
- To meet new people and make new friends.
- Gain new skills.
- To build your self confidence and self esteem.
- Gain work experience.
- Learn more about yourself – your own strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes.
- Try out a job first before committing yourself to employment.
- Boost your career options.
- Make a difference to your community.
Most importantly, the skills and experience you develop as a volunteer will be something you can add on to your CV and application forms.
You can do voluntary work in lots of different work areas. To find out what opportunities are available in your area click here